Orly's Baby Shower

Preparing for my sister's baby shower is something I have been looking forward to for a long time...like since I realized she wanted to have a baby a few years ago. My Mom and I started out with our usual planning conversations months ago and worked all week to make this as special for her as we could. Thanks to a lot of help from my aunt Joy and my grandmother Valentina, I think we pulled it off! We are so happy to have her home (permanently) on the West Coast with us and we really wanted to "shower" her with love and of course all the baby gear. Here is a peek at our beautiful afternoon. Oh...and how beautiful does she look? I mean, honestly! It's not even right! Who looks like that when they are 1 month away from giving birth?


 This is a gift for Orly & Mike that I have been working on for a long time. Doug and I were obsessive about saving everything from our boys and storing it. I was on a quest for a vintage trunk/chest for months and found this beautiful one at an estate sale. I had a plaque made with his name (Conor H. Murphy) and loaded the piece up with all of the Jack and Teddy's clothes and shoes that they have outgrown. It was a hit!




That is a cast of my belly in the background from when I was pregnant with Teddy. My very talented aunt Joy Blanchard made it.